Donated
Photos - Streets
…
The images on this page
have been donated by visitors to this web site.
This page is for old
photos of Pembury not seen in other publications nor
generally available for public viewing. Most are
from private or family collections.
This should be the only place they are displayed on
the internet.
Every photo on this
page has a S*** number for future reference.
…
…

Canterbury Road. Date unknown. Donated by Anne
Wilkinson S001

S&B Autos c1960s Donated by Rob Sargent S002
Note the corner door at the Camden Arms – now closed
& bricked up.

Camden Arms & High Street c1840 Watercolour by
William O.W.S Turner of Oxford. S003
This painting was displayed at art dealer Abbot
& Holder, Museum St, London in September 2014.
Tom Edwards of Abbott & Holder kindly granted
permission for it to be shown here on the Pembury
History web site.
Viewed from Hastings Road toward Tonbridge, the
Camden Arms is on the left, the Smithy &
Wheelwright is on the corner of
the village green and the High Street. Further down
on the right is the Black Horse.
Click
here for interpretation of the buildings in this
painting

Woodhill Park (date around Nov 1981)
S004
Taken from a camera on a kite.
Donated by Mike Miller via Richard Snow

Junction of Ridgeway and Westway
c1980
S005
Taken from a camera on a kite.
Donated by Mike Miller via Richard
Snow.
Date confirmed as Nov 1981 by Steve Morton.

Pembury Fire Brigade date unknown
c1900
S006
The background buildings are similar to those on the
village green from other photographs.
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Pembury Hospital / Tonbridge Workhouse date
unknown
S007
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Roadworks for the new housing estate of Beagles
Wood, Petersfield, Batchelors, etc
S008
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Belfield Road c1972 Housing
estate built 1948
S009
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Bulls Place c1970
Housing estate built 1947
S010
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Library/Church Institute Henwood Green Road
S011
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Hastings Road
S012
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Henwood Green Road looking from Royal Oak toward
Romford Road.
S013
Alfred Turner occupied the property around 81-83
Henwood Green Road.
Donated by Melvyn Cole

High Street c1970
S014
Donated by Melvyn Cole

High Street opposite Sunhill (where the Square Deal
Cafe stood) during land development
S015
Donated by Melvyn Cole

High Street c1970
S016
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Motor Cycle Trials
S017
The Camden motor cycle trials which took part in
woods in the village,
seen here gathering at Brecknock motors after
completing the event.
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Romford Road
S018
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Pembury from the north with right turn into
Blackhurst Lane S019
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Village Green. The Lodge (No 7) with
large sign S020
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Village Green
S021
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Village Green showing wheelwright workshop &
house S022
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Village Green fete or celebrations
S023
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Woodsgate House & High Street looking toward
Tonbridge S024
Donated by Melvyn Cole

Maidstone Road 1923
Thought to be the junction with Church Road.
S025
Donated by Graham Chantler via Melvyn
Cole

Junction of Lower Green Road & Henwood Green
Road. 1905
S026
Donated by Rodney Solomans
Junction of Maidstone Road and Church Road pre-1936
Ebenezer Cottages (postcard
dated 1936) S027
Guide post indicates Paddock Wood, East Peckham,
Maidstone.
Donated by Tony Nicholls
The Village Green
c1932
S028
Kathryn Franklin observes that the houses in Camden
Avenue are visible, but not the new chemist's shop
or the new garage.
Donated by Tony Nicholls
Please forward any fresh information on these
pictures or any new images to Tony Nicholls at
history@pembury.org