Parish & Village themed Maps
The table below contains links to maps that display various historical features of the parish.
These maps were produced in 2010 by Kathryn Franklin & Tony
Nicholls in an attempt to show the extent of the Parish in ancient times
and modern times. Kathryn Franklin is best qualified to explain the
profiles and changes.
|002||Village Greens The locations of the ‘Greens’ …. This old map (1819-1892) shows 4 Greens in Pembury –
. Pembury Green, Lower Green, Henwards Green , Bopeep Green.
|003||Parish map of 1966 (dated 1965) From the Pembury Parish Guide 1966 by A.R.H. Baker
Small Map Large Map
|004||Parish map of 1965 From the Women’s Institute Scrap Book of 1965|
|005||Parish map from Mary Standen’s History of Pembury 1947 1947 Map
Note the location of the Waterloo Arms in Hastings Road and Woodside Road named “Workhouse Lane”.
Map 408 on the Localities / Hastings Road page shows Woodside Road named as “Romford Road” around 1938.Kathryn Franklin confirms that from 1822-1837 Stanton House was used as the Parish Workhouse until the Union Workhouse in Tonbridge Road took over responsibilities. Woodside Road must have retained the workhouse link for over 100 years in the minds of locals.
|006||Northern part of Parish map from Edward Stanford’s folding map of 1872
Small size map Medium size map Large size map
|007||Parish map showing contours, hills, valleys, streams and watercourses Map link|